Within private homes in Marais and Île Saint-Louis
Saturday, June 5, 2004, 02:30pm-06:30pm and 04:00pm-08:00pm
This musical tour in Marais and Ile Saint-Louis districts of Paris proposes works performed by some of today’s great soloists as well as a performance by the composer Jean-François Laporte, created using "invented" instruments. A rather unusual context for the performance of contemporary music, which in leaving the concert hall, offers itself to the appreciation of passers-by.
Hôtel de Marle - Swedish Cultural Centre
1st group - 02:30pm / 2nd group - 04:00pm
Alexis Descharmes, cello. Ircam music technology. Musical assistants: Régis Msallam, Xavier Chabot.
- Örjan Sandred: Amanzule voices, for cello and electronics
- Kaija Saariaho: Près, for cello and electronics
Possibility of visiting the exhibition by studentes of the Royal Art School, in Stockholm from 12:00pm to 02:30pm. Guided tours available via advanced booking, 20 people per visit.
Hôtel de Sully - Centre des monuments nationaux
1st group - 03:30pm / 2nd group - 05:00pm
Musicians from the Totem Contemporary Music Ensemble
- Jean-François Laporte: Vortex, Premiere, design, music, instruments
Hôtel Lauzun - Île Saint-Louis
1st group - 04:30pm / 2nd group - 06:00pm
Benny Sluchin, trombone
- Jonathan Harvey : Ricercare una melodia, pour trombone et tape delay system
- Jonathan Harvey: Ritual Melodies, for tape
- David Felder: Boxman, for trombone and electronics
Hôtel de Beauvais - Cour administrative d'appel de Paris
1st group - 05:30pm / 2nd group - 07:00pm
Eve Payeur, Laurence Chave, percussions
- Philippe Manoury: Le livre des Claviers, piece II, for two marimbas
- Gérard Grisey: Stèle, for two percussionists
An Ircam-Centre Pompidou production.
In partnership with The Swedish Cultural Centre, The Centre des Monuments Nationaux and The administrative court of appeal, Paris.
- For 2 groups of 100 people each